Projects : Task Order 36
Development of Technical Brief on Structural Design Issues:
Seismic Design of Structural Wood Diaphragm Systems
The primary objective of this task was to produce a new techbrief addressing the analysis, design, detailing, and construction of structural wood roof, floor and wall diaphragm systems for use as lateral load-resisting systems in buildings in areas of moderate to high seismic activity.
This techbrief synthesized model building code requirements and leading practitioner-recognized techniques, resulting in clear and concise analysis, design, and construction guidance on structural wood diaphragm systems for use by practicing structural engineers.
• Kelly E. Cobeen (Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.)
• J. Daniel Dolan (Washington State University)
• Douglas Thompson (STB Structural Engineers, Inc.)
• John W. van de Lindt (Colorado State University)
Project Technical Committee members:
• Andre Filiatrault (University at Buffalo, SUNY)
• Philip Line (American Wood Council)
• Gary L. Mochizuki (Simpson Strong-Tie)
• Tom C. Xia (DCI Engineers)