Projects : Task Order 35
Development of Technical Brief on Structural Design Issues
Special Reinforced Masonry Shear Walls
The primary objective of Task Order 35 was to produce a new technical brief addressing the analysis and design of Special Reinforced Masonry Shear Walls for building structures in regions of moderate and high seismicity.
This technical brief is a synthesis of model building code requirements and leading practitioner-recognized techniques, resulting in clear and concise analysis, design, and construction guidance for use by practicing structural engineers.
• Gregory R. Kingsley (KL&A Inc.)
• P. Benson Shing (University of Colorado at Boulder)
• Thomas Gangel (Wallace Engineering Consultants)
Project Technical Committee members:
• David T. Biggs (Biggs Consulting Engineering)
• Steven M. Dill (KPFF Consulting Engineers)
• Richard E. Klingner (University of Texas at Austin)