Projects : Task Order 15
Development of Technical Brief on Structural Design Issues Special Reinforced Concrete Shear Walls
The primary objective of this task is to produce a new Seismic Design Technical Brief addressing the analysis, design, and detailing of special reinforced concrete shear walls that must resist lateral forces from inertial effects in earthquakes. This Seismic Design Technical Brief will be a synthesis of model building code requirements and leading practitioner-recognized techniques, resulting in clear and concise analysis, design, and construction guidance for use by practicing structural engineers.
The Task Order 15 project will be conducted over a 12-month period, conducted over a 12-month period, concluding on August 22, 2011.
Task Order 15 Project Technical Committee
• Jack Moehle (Project Director and Lead Author), University of California, Berkeley, California
• John D Hooper, Magnusson Klemencic Associates, Seattle, Washington
• Tony Ghodsi, Englekirk & Sabol Consulting Structural Engineers, Santa Ana, California
Task Order 15 Project Review Panel
• Dawn Lehman, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
• John Wallace, University of California, Los Angeles, California
• Loring Wyllie, Degenkolb Engineers, San Francisco, California