Projects : Task Order 14
Development of Technical Brief on Structural Design Issues Steel Deck Diaphragm Systems
The primary objective of this task is to produce a new Seismic Design Technical Brief addressing the analysis, design, and detailing of steel deck diaphragms for steel buildings that must resist lateral forces from inertial effects in earthquakes. This Seismic Design Technical Brief will be a synthesis of model building code requirements and leading practitioner-recognized techniques, resulting in clear and concise analysis, design, and construction guidance for use by practicing structural engineers. Its scope largely excludes metal-deck-only diaphragms, a topic planned for a future Technical Brief.
The Task Order 14 project will be conducted over a 12-month period, conducted over a 12-month period, concluding on August 31, 2011.
Task Order 14 Project Technical Committee
• Rafael Sabelli (Project Director and Lead Author), Walter P. Moore Associates, Inc., San Francisco, California
• Tom Sabol, Englekirk and Sabol, Los Angeles, California
• Sam Easterling, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia
Task Order 14 Project Review Panel
• James O. Malley, Degenkolb Engineers, San Francisco, California
• Dominic Kelly, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Boston, Massachusetts
• Tom Sputo, Sputo and Lammert Engineering, LLC